Protest @ Paradise Point in Kailua
Thanks to everyone who was able to participate in the December 27, 2013 protest in Kailua. The peaceful demonstration was held on N Kalaheo Ave in Kailua, just outside President Obama’s vacation home. We had a great turnout, and even got to share the message with the President and his motorcade as they left for dinner about 6PM. Following are some pictures of this successful event to raise awareness of the Trans-Pacific Partnership:
- The protesters of Paradise Point, December 27, 2013
- The President’s Motorcade.
The President apparently did not have time to stop and chat with the protesters.
Fortunately, the Secret Service and the HPD were very professional and alerted the protesters to stand aside for the President’s motorcade.
The President;s SWAT team followed the motorcade closely.
The President’s entourage had their own shuttle.
The President was well protected.
Hey wait, did he just run that stop sign?
The protesters were respectful of the Secret Service and vice versa.
All protesters were careful not to disrupt traffic.
Car traffic was busy with many drivers and passengers showing signs of support.
All four corners of the busy intersection were covered.
King Kamehameha 1 would have been proud of the protesters.
- Over 25 protesters lined the streets to raise awareness of the TPP.
- The protesters shined a light on the TPP at the nearby Aikahi Park Shopping Center. (This was the former Sizzler building.)
- The protesters shined a light on Kailua’s best shaved ice @ Island Snow, where Obama frequents regularly.